The AMPS (Association Médecine/Pharmacie Sciences) and EMPA (European MD/PhD Association) gather the community of MD/PhD and PharmD/PhD students at the French and European scales, respectively. Their objective is to help motivated students in medicine or pharmacy to pursue two careers in parallel: becoming both a clinical practitioner and a researcher.
Today, more and more renown M.D./Pharm.D.-Ph.D. tracks exist in France, such as l’Ecole Normale Supérieure or l’École de l’Inserm Liliane Bettencourt. Quite importantly, new regional programs have also started developing in various regions of France : the filières Médecine/Science (Medicine/Science programs).
There is a tremendous need to create meeting opportunities for this new growing community, to share ideas, dreams and desires regarding their common purpose.
The French M.D./Pharm.D.-Ph.D. Conference has become the annual meeting of M.D./Pharm.D.-Ph.D. French students for almost a decade now. The FMPPC merged with its European sister several times already, the last time being in Strasbourg in 2016.
This year again, the 7th FMPPC will proudly stand as the 7th EMPPC, with the help of our colleagues from EMPA. It is now a staple event that gathers the French and European M.D.-Ph.D. communities for 3 days so that they can discover new research, talk with global experts, and discuss with peers about new tendencies and developments in or outside of their field. One of the major interests of these meetings is the abundance and diversity of the registrants’ backgrounds, not only among the speakers but also among the students.
This congress is also a rare opportunity for you, M.D./Pharm.D. student, to come and present your work at any stage of your studies and career, from bachelor to PhD or even post doc, and eventually win some exciting prizes if elected best poster or best speaker! You are invited to submit an abstract on the first part of your registration, if interested.
To be noted: this event will be coupled with the first Massachusetts Institute of Technology/AMPS Hackathon “hacking medicine” that will take place one week earlier (22-24th june) >>> more info here <<<. Save the date, the best projects born from the hackathon will be presented in plenary sessions at the congress !
This year we have the pleasure to welcome you in a prestigious institution, the Académie Nationale de Médecine, in combination with the Imagine Institute already known by the most faithful of our members from last year's EMPPC.
For the 2018 edition of the EMPPC, you will be able to attend the talks of several very welcomed speakers:
- Pr Guido Kroemer, for his work on autophagy and immune oncology
- Pr Catherine Chaussain, for her work on biotherapies
- Pr Laurent Abel, for his work on genetics of infectious diseases
- Dr Jacques Fleurentin, for his work on ethnopharmacology
- Pr Hughes de Thé, for his work on onco-hematology
- Pr Fulvio Mavilio, for his work on gene therapy
- Pr Alain Prochiantz, for his work on neurobiology
- Pr Pierre Corvol, for his work on cardiovascular physiology
- Pr Yehezkel Ben-ari for his work on neurobiology
You will also have the opportunity to attend various workshops, supervised by:
- Dr Boris Barbour, will present the Pubpeer website
- Dr Frederic Kletz will present a workshop on health economy
- Dr Andréa Dumoulin will present a workshop on how to choose your internship
- Dr Matthieu Levi-Strauss will make a workshop on research evaluation and grant proposals
- Dr Laurent Mesnard will make a workshop on bioinformatics
A roundtable on extra-academic opportunities and entrepreneuship will be hold on the last day of the meeting:
- Pr Jean Pierre Kinet from Harvard, serial entrepreneur and Ixlife fund manager
- Dr Samuel Levy, CEO of Allurion
- Pr Ben-Ari, CEO of Neurochlore
Finally, as said earlier, time will be dedicated to poster sessions and students talks, a prize being awarded to the best early career poster or talk!